We take the risk
Most small businesses have had the experience of shelling out big money for a website project, only to be deeply disappointed with the results. At Scanlan and Associates, we could have adopted a similar model with our clients — asking them for an up-front payment for the website we build for them — but we decided instead to not charge any up-front fee, and get paid over the lifetime of the website. That's a bit risky for us, you could say, but we are so confident you will be happy with our work, we know it's ok to do it that way.
If you are not happy with the website — or if you find a better deal elsewhere — you can cancel the subscription and switch off the website. Any of the external elements (Google+ page, local listings, etc.) are still yours, of course. You can even copy the contents of the website, page-by-page, to another provider before you go, if you wish to do so. We don't try to lock you in or handcuff you in any way. We believe our continued high quality service will keep you with us for years to come.
The process at a high level
- We get together and explore your business, current website if you have one, and your aspirations for success on the Web.
- Together, we choose from a list of possible designs, each selected for their suitability to your business.
- Based on the results of steps 1 and 2, you choose the design that is the best fit, or elect to view another selection, and continue again from Step 2.
- In 90% of the cases, we have a candidate our new client is happy with at this stage, but it may take a little longer to select that one special design that you are very happy with. We want you to be 100% happy with your choice, so we take our time going through this step with you.
- When you have decided on a design you like, you sign up for a subscription on this page.
- We begin work immediately, building out your new website based on the template and static content on your existing website and any relevant documents, images of videos you might have available about your business.
- Typically within four to six weeks of signing up for the subscription, we Go Live. That is, we make the website public, and the real action begins.
- As soon as possible, you begin adding 'fluid' content. This is the fresh content that drives search engines to list content from your website in search results which, in turn, increases traffic to your website. The more of this kind of content you create, the more likely you will get visitors from organic search. That all works because you are working on a foundation that's very search friendly.
From there, we make sure your website is backed up whenever changes are made. We keep the underlying content management system fully up-to-date with the latest security upgrades and module enhancements. As opportunities and/or threats emerge, we make sure you are fully aware of them, and that all possible action is taken to protect all web content and structure.
And of course, you can cancel at any time.